Thursday, April 6, 2017

Equestrianly Speaking

Being retired, I am able to luxuriate in a lot of imaginative thinking.  Today as I watched just barely two minutes of Grand Prix equestrian jumping, I imagined myself in the saddle.  I was GOOD!  In fact, I was so good I won, beating out Austria - a perennial super-power...equestrianly speaking, and Spain - who takes great pride in all things horsey.  In my post-competition interview I wasn't in the least self-conscious about my thickly Ukrainian-accented English.  (At least I can speak a foreign language.)

My imaginings should have ended there, but they didn't.  In transitioning from the family room to the kitchen, I observed both kitties making a bee line to their respective food bowls.  Well, that's not entirely true.  What I "saw" were two show cats jumping.  Poor Scout, with dainty little paws that bear several more pounds of concentrated weight than they're designed for, put in a poor performance, while Sonny, with concentrated power in his magnificent hind quarters, was poetry in motion.

I want to ride a horse.  The Kentucky Derby is less than a month away.




2 comments:

  1. Imagine what I found here posted who knows how long ago. Perhaps Sonny should be used in Dreassage?

    ReplyDelete
  2. He has shared with me his pleasure at being considered worthy of the role.

    ReplyDelete